
Peter Marshall, the original host within “Hollywood Squares, ” knew Trebek for decades.
Marshall and his wife Laurie were designed to get together with him on Saturday.
“He called me and he talked ‘I just can’t make it today, Petey. ‘ I said ‘I entirely. We’ll see each other next week. ‘”
RELATED: Trebek offered keywords and phrases of support to other cancer individuals
The two were like brothers, your better half said.
“I treasured him very much. In fact the last a chance I spoke to him, which has been yesterday, I said ‘Just don’t forget I love you. ‘ He announced ‘I love you too, Petey. ‘”
Marshall, in fact , spreading a role in Trebek’s decision consider the “Jeopardy” hosting job which ended up making him a household name for decades.
After hosting several other game shows over the years, Trebek called Marshall in 1984 to note he was offered the “Jeopardy” rank but was wondering if maybe it was subsequently too esoteric.
Marshall’s response “Are you nuts? ”
Another close friend this person met through show business used to be Ruta Lee. In the mid-1970s, this cohosted a game show called “High Rollers” with Trebek. They changed a friendship that lasted generations.
“There was something special about us that clicked not only with regards to camera but off camera this same time, ” she recalled. “I take on him one of my dearest close friends. I’m so grateful to Fin for the blessing of his wondrous friendship. ”
Lee last spoke to Trebek using Friday.
“It was obviously a wonderful conversation. It was filled with laughter. His best features were your partner’s wild sense of humor and his fabulous faithfulness. ”
Copyright © 2020 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.
0 Comments